An investigation is taking place into a fire that heavily damaged a Georgetown home early Monday.
Georgetown City Fire Chief Joey Tanner said the fire was reported at about 1 a.m. at 2532 Front Street Extension.
Tanner said there was no electricity in the home. The occupant. Roderick Green was reportedly using candles for light.
Green said he left a candle burning while he was away from the home — owned by his grandmother, Trudy Green — which he believes is how the fire started.
Tanner said crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control but the front rooms of the house suffered extensive damage.
Leave a Response
Notice about comments:
The National Transportation Safety Board is recommending lowering the legal blood alcohol content limit for drivers from .08 percent to .05 percent. They say it will decrease the number of traffic fatalities. Do you agree with this idea?