A fire inside a large machine at the Sampit Lumber Mill Monday kept firefighters busy for several hours.
Georgetown County Assistant Fire Chief Tony Hucks said the fire inside the chipper, a machine that turns wood chunks into saw dust. He said something sparked that caused the wood to catch on fire.
Because of the location and size of the machine, it took quite a while to completely extinguish the flames.
The ladder truck from the Georgetown City Fire Department was used to help fight the fire.
Hucks said there were no injuries in the fire that was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Crews left the scene at about 8:30 p.m.
Leave a Response
Notice about comments:
The National Transportation Safety Board is recommending lowering the legal blood alcohol content limit for drivers from .08 percent to .05 percent. They say it will decrease the number of traffic fatalities. Do you agree with this idea?