Waccamaw High School's track team excelled at the Lower State meet last and many Warriors competed for state titles.
The Lady Warriors who won Lower State titles were: Grace Barnett in the 800-meters, 1,600-meters, and 3,200-meters; Jamaica Alston in the 200-meters; and Barnett, Kristina Chandler, Mackenzie Arnold and Amelia Jones in the 4x800-meter relay.
Alston, Chandler, Jasmine Torrence and Brianna Brooks were the Lower State runners-up in the 4x400-meter relay.
Other Lady Warriors who qualified for the state meet were: Jones in the 3,200-meters and Valencia Syndab in the shot put.
Other results for the Waccamaw girls team from Lower State were: Torrence was fifth in the 400-meters; Jamaica Alston was fifth in the 100-meters; Arnold was 10th in the 800-meters; Jones was sixth in the 1,600-meters; Mary Katherine Brown was ninth in the 3,200-meters; Joy Millone was 10th in the 3,200-meters; Declyn Drejza was 11th in the 400-meters hurdles; Mary Glazier was 13th in the 400-meters hurdles; Syndab was 12th in the triple jump and seventh in the discus; and LeAnn Thompson was 10th in the shot put.
Waccamaw results from Lower State for the boys teams were: Colin McKellar was ninth in the 1,600-meters and seventh in the 3,200-meters; J.J. Sherman was 11th in the discus; and Elliot Reid, Adam Paquette, Nate Fata and Luke LaRochelle were 13th in the 4x800-meter relay.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment