Dan Petrie, Ron Runkle, Al Schnitzlein and Roger Caudill of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church won the best-ball competition at the Lutheran Men in Mission Golf Tournament on Saturday.
By Lloyd Mackall
For The Times
While Bill Chenault of Socastee sewed up individual honors with a hole-in-one, two teams from St. Peter's Lutheran Church of Pawleys Island took first and second places in the 24th annual Lutheran Men in Mission Golf Tournament at International Club of Murrells Inlet on Saturday.
Proceeds for the event went to Lutheran mission churches, including two Spanish-speaking congregations in South Carolina, and scholarship monies for Newberry College and Lutheran Southern Seminary students.
The top finishers of the best-ball competition were: first, St. Peter's team of Dan Petrie, Ron Runkle, Al Schnitzlein and Roger Caudill 61; second, St. Peter's team of Hal Freeman, John Hoelzel, Wendy Schifer and Mike Schifer 63; third, Shepherd of the Sea team of George Kaye, Rick Futrell, Gary Cheney and Jim Hodges 63; fourth, Shepherd of the Sea team of Bob Alexander, Bill Chenault, Steve Chenault and Jason Wilworth.
The third place team was playing to honor Suzan Herman in memory of her late husband, PGA member "Butch" Herman.
Wendy Schifer won the prize for closest to the pin for the women golfers.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery