Waccamaw and Carvers Bay high school basketball players battle for a rebound on Monday during a Carvers Bay Summer League game.
By Chris Sokoloski
Waccamaw High School basketball coach Mike Quinn doesn't have a lot of games planned for his squad this summer.
The Warriors played three games on Monday and three on Tuesday in the Carvers Bay Summer League and are heading to Presbyterian College for a team camp next week.
Quinn likes the convenience of playing at Carvers Bay, and said Bears coach Jeff Mezzatesta and his staff do a great job.
Plus, the competition is excellent.
"It's about getting the kids to play competitively over the summer and work on the things you want to do during the season," Quinn said.
"Whether we execute the way we want to or not we're learning, that's what it's all about."
He brought 10 players on Monday but two got hurt, so he planned to bring some of his younger players with him on Tuesday.
"I told them, this is our lab for the next two days, and we're going to learn a lot of things, most importantly, how to play together."
Quinn said he's had about 15 to 20 guys coming out for practice an average of three times a week this summer.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013