The Georgetown Church Golf League for Men is looking for players interested in competition and fellowship.
The new league kicked off last week at Wedgefield Plantation. After a round of golf, players will enjoy dinner and prayer. The format for play will change from week to week.
The entry fee is $20 per player each week. Ten dollars of the fee is for golf, $8 for food, and $2 for charity.
There is no miminum or maximum number of players per church. There will be four players per team during competition, but teams can include players from more than one church.
Points will be awarded to the top five teams each week. After a season-ending tournament, the churches that place first and second will choose a local charity to make a donation to.
League play will be every Tuesday at 5 p.m. through the summer. The season could be extended depending on interest.
Teams must call and check in the Wedgefield Pro Shop by 3:30 p.m. each Tuesday in order to participate.
Entry forms can be picked up at the Wedgefield Pro Shop or at Curry's Cleaners on Highmarket Street in Georgetown.
For more information,call Ross, Scott or Wade at Wedgefield at 843-546-8587, or Mitch at Curry's Cleaners at 843-546-3114.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- NEW INFORMATION: Mail carrier tried to save 3-year-old drowning victim
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Former Lowcountry Prep teachers to form school in Georgetown