Katie Glenn won two doubles matches for Georgetown during the Battle at the Beach tournament.
The Georgetown High girls' tennis team hosted the second annual Battle at the Beach tournament this weekend.
Myrtle Beach won the tournament defeating Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach in the final round 6-0. Jessi Dumas of Myrtle Beach was named the player of the tournament.
On Friday night, the Bulldogs lost to Berkeley 6-0.
On Saturday morning, the team lost a tough match to Carolina Forest 4-3. Taylor Graham at No. 3 singles, Caitlyn Goodwin at No. 5 singles, and the No. 2 doubles team of Katie Glenn and Anna James all won their matches. Anna Walsh lost a hard fought singles match at No. 1 in a third set tiebreaker.
The team beat Richland Northeast 4-2 on Saturday afternoon.
Winners for GHS were Michelle Johnson, Taylor Graham, Addie Crawford, and the doubles team of Katie Glenn and Anna James.
"We had two freshman play their first varsity matches this weekend, and both really helped the team," said Bulldogs coach Grace George. "They will improve with each match they play this season. We played many tough tiebreakers during the tournament which will help us learn for future close matches."
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013