Georgetown High School’s Alvin Walker is tackled by two Conway players after a reception on Friday night. Walker had 109 receiving yards and two touchdowns in the Bulldogs’ 42-25 loss.
By Chris Sokoloski
Georgetown High couldn't recover from a 21-point second quarter by Conway and lost 42-25 last week.
After the Tigers took a 7-0 lead in the first quarter, Bulldogs' quarterback Caleb Hughes hit Alvin Walker with a 42-yard touchdown pass with 1:10 left in the first quarter, but the extra point was blocked.
Malcolm Green took the ensuing kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown to give Conway the 14-6 lead. The Tigers then scored three times in the second quarter to take a 35-6 lead at halftime.
Hughes ran it in from 22 yards out with 5:22 left in the third quarter to cut the lead to 35-12, but Conway extended the lead to 42-12 with a touchdown in the fourth.
Touchdown passes from Hughes to Dae'Quan Gibson (33 yards) and Walker (7 yards) in the fourth quarter wrapped up the scoring.
Hughes was 19-for-30 passing for 232 yards. Walker had 109 yards and Gibson had 73.
Julian Lunsford led the Georgetown rushing attack with 81 yards.
Jordan Ward led the Bulldogs' defense with 14 tackles. Cody Floyd had 11, Leon Ford and Justin Waring had seven each, and Anthony Blair and Gerald German had four each. Ford also had a sack.
Georgetown (0-1) is off this week. The Bulldogs return to action hosting Andrews on Aug. 31.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery