Georgetown County Parks and Recreation is excited to announce that the Andrews, S.C. Dixie Softball Angels and Darlings will serve as the host teams for the 2012 Dixie Youth Softball Angels and Darlings World Series at 8 Oaks Park.
All the teams have been announced and organizers are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the following teams:
• Lancaster and Dentsville, S.C.
• West Stanly and Rockingham West, N.C.
• Halifax American and Crewe Burkeville, Va.
• Hopkins County American and Blossom, Texas
• Jones County National and Jones County National, Ga.
• Sand Mountain National and Dadeville, Ala.
• East Central and Magee, Miss.
• Dyersburg/Dyer County and Crockett County, Tenn.
• Saline and Rayville, La.
• Wesley Chapel and Wewahitchka, Fla.
• Andrews, S.C. (host teams)
Please join Georgetown County Parks and Recreation in welcoming teams and families from across the southeast as they travel to Georgetown County.
The public is invited to come out to Georgetown County's newest recreation venue — 8 Oaks Park — to support all the girls as they compete for the title of 2012 Dixie Youth Softball World Champions.
Tournament play begins at the all new 8 Oaks Park on Saturday, July 28 at 10 a.m. and continues through Wednesday, August 1.
8 Oaks Park is located on Highway 521, between Georgetown and Andrews.
Gates open on the Saturday, July 28 at 9 a.m. A variety of vendors and concessions will be available at the park.
All games will also be broadcast live worldwide on www.JockJive.com.
Like their FB page 2012 Dixie Softball Angels and Darlings World Series for additional up to the minute information on this exciting tournament.
For more information, call Renee' Michau at 843-545-3532, or visit the website at: www.georgetowncountysc.org.
— From Georgetown County
Parks and Recreation
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013