By Chris Sokoloski
Andrews fell behind 21-0 in the first quarter last week en route to a 35-12 loss to Lake City.
The Panthers got touchdown runs of 12 yards, 20 yards and 13 yards before Quandre Green recovered a fumble in the end zone to get the Yellow Jackets on the board with 13.5 seconds left in the first half.
Jaleel Filmore cut the lead to 21-12 about halfway through the third quarter, but Lake City sealed the victory with touchdowns in the third and fourth quarters.
Ethan Wright was the leading rusher for Andrews with 139 yards. Wright was also 5-for-28 passing for 46 yards. Filmore had 53 yards rushing.
Johnel Grant led the Andrews defense with 11 tackles. Colton Fulton had 10 tackles; Kalen Hudson had nine; Green and Monte McCrea had eight each; Victor Mention had seven; and Patrick Ward recovered a fumble.
Andrews (2-6) hosts Timberland (8-1) on Friday and wraps up the regular season at Lake Marion (3-5) on Oct. 26.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Waccamaw, Georgetown High Schools hold graduations