I recently went to visit my sister and her kids.
I loaded up the “little van,” and off we went! We had such a good time, but while we were gone my headlight went out, and then, a brake light.
I followed my sister to the nearest auto parts store to buy the lights.
While inside, I asked for help figuring out which kind I needed.
I asked him if I could install the lights myself.
This guy, who we shall call “Stan”, said “of course you can install it!” He went on to say that they just pop right in.
And as we are walking up to the register he says “You may need a screw driver, oh and don’t touch the bulbs. The oil from your hands can blow out the light before you install the light. But you can really do it, it’ll be easy.”
I consider myself to be really handy. I have tackled plumbing and electrical problems, and can even use a power tool.
But this guy was the worst pep talker ever!
I mean, I carry a large purse but I don’t usually carry a screw driver in it, or gloves to handle light bulbs.
I carry 14 tubes of lip gloss, band-aids, and fruit snacks.
None of which can help me install a headlight.
As I am checking out, he somewhat grudingly says “If you don’t think you can handle it, you can drive around to where the mechanics are, and ask them for help.”
Umm ... that’s exactly where I will be heading!
And it took two mechanics 15 minutes and lots of weird- looking tools to get the job done. But I could totally have done that myself ...
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found