Hal Martin, Jr.
Hal Newell Martin Jr., age 72, of Murrells Inlet, S.C. died Friday, May 11, 2012 at his residence.
Born in Wilmington, N.C., he was a son of the late Annie Lee and Hal N. Martin, Sr.
Mr. Martin was a U.S. Coast Guard veteran.
He enjoyed fishing and crabbing.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Margaret Clemmons Martin.
Survivors include his children, Gregory D. Martin, Greta Martin Beaver and Derrian Wayne Martin, all of Murrells Inlet; grandchildren, Nicole Beaver Rodgers of Murrells Inlet, Ashley Ann Beaver of Lexington, N.C., Savanna Dale Martin of Mt. Pleasant, S.C., Margaret Kelly Martin of Mt. Pleasant, S.C., Keri Denise Love of Rock Tavern, N.Y. and Amanda Marie Martin of Rock Tavern, N.Y.; great-grandchildren, Logan Brant of Surfside Beach, Nathan Rodgers of Fredricksburg, Va., and Nicholas Rodgers of Fredricksburg, Va.; a sister, Mary Martin Smith of Shallotte, N.C. and a niece, Susan Smith of Shallotte, N.C.
Services will be private.
In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to DAV, PO Box 14301 Cincinnati, OH 45250.
An online guestbook is available at www.goldfinchfuneralhome.com/obituaries
Goldfinch Funeral Home, Beach Chapel is in charge of the arrangements.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC