Lucy Mae Powell Herring, 75, native of Andrews, SC and the beloved wife of Pinkie Herring Jr., departed this life on Thursday evening, January 24, 2013, at Lower Cape Fear Hospice & Life Care Center.
“Ms. Lucy” was born the daughter of Willie Alexander Powell and Myrle Thomas Powell on March 29, 1937 in Andrews.
She was of the Pentecostal Holiness faith.
Lucy and Pinkie were married on July 22, 1956 and celebrated 56 years together.
Their home was blessed with two daughters, Sharon (Gene) Sikes and Lisa (Billy) Baxley; two grandchildren, Danielle (Daniel) Crowther and Samantha Purifoy; two step-grandchildren, Charlee Baxley and Gracie Baxley.
She also leaves behind a sister, Peggy (C.L.) Wheeler-Cribb; a brother, Thomas Powell; and a step-brother, W.A. Powell.
She was predeceased by her parents; a grandson, David Purifoy; two brothers; five step-brothers; and five half-sisters.
A Going Home Celebration was held at 2 p.m. on Sunday, January 27, 2013, at the Earles Pentecostal Holiness Church Family Life Center.
Interment followed in the church cemetery, directed by the Andrews Chapel of McKenzie Funeral Home.
The Herring family received family and friends immediately following the service in the Family Life Center.
McKenzie Funeral Home was honored to serve the Herring family.
Online Condolences may be sent at McKenzieChapels.com.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013