Severe weather rolled across the Plantersville area then the Waccamaw Neck Tuesday afternoon prompting a tornado warning and injuring a man who was struck by lightning.
The man, a landscaper whose name has not been released, walked out of his home in the 300 block of Field Gate Circle in the Rice Fields neighborhood Tuesday and was hit by the lightning bolt, according to Midway Fire Rescue spokesman Bob Beebe.
He said it’s believed lightning hit a tree then hit the man. Reports from the scene indicated he had been struck in the head and the bolt exited his feet.
Before emergency workers arrived, Central Dispatch reported the man was talking. Beebe confirmed he was conscious when EMS got to him.
He was transported to the hospital for treatment.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery