A female mail carrier was flown to Grand Strand Hospital after being involved in a traffic accident this afternoon.
According to S.C. Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins, the happened at the intersection with Prior Drive.
He said the driver of a pickup truck was driving too fast and struck the postal worker’s vehicle as the carrier was attempting to make a left hand turn.
Both vehicles overturned in a ditch.
The extent of the carrier’s injuries is unknown but Collins said she was talking before being flown from the scene.
Collins said the driver of the pickup was uninjured and was charged with driving too fast.
Collins was unable to provide the names of either driver.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- NEW INFORMATION: Mail carrier tried to save 3-year-old drowning victim
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Former Lowcountry Prep teachers to form school in Georgetown