Coroner Kenny Johnson said an inmate from the Georgetown County Detention Center who died last night died of natural causes.
He identified the deceased as Danny Joe Crosby, 58, of Andrews.
EMS was rushed to the Detention Center at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday because Crosby was not breathing.
The call was dispatched as a cardiac arrest.
He was taken to the Georgetown Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said Crosby has been in jail since June 17.
He was discovered unresponsive in his cell.
“According to the Georgetown County Coroner, the preliminary autopsy report found the deceased to have suffered from emphysema and cardiovascular disease,” Cuthbertson said. An autopsy will be performed today.
The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division was notified and responded to the jail.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013