Tom Winslow, facing incumbent Carl Anderson for SC House of Representatives District 103, says Anderson should repay the state for his use of a plane earlier this year.
As reported in the Oct. 17 Georgetown Times, Anderson used a state plane on March 14 to fly from Columbia to Georgetown to attend the groundbreaking of the church he pastors, Greater St. Stephen AME.
The cost, according to documents from the South Carolina Aeronautics Commission, was $935.
“It’s troubling that Carl Anderson would knowingly take the taxpayer’s hard earned money and even after it is reported refuse to return that money. With better planning and financial responsibility Carl could have simply made the 3 hour drive like most of us do,” Winslow said. “It’s ironic that a few days after this practice, Carl Anderson would be seen at an event with Nikki Haley who just had to return close to $10,000 in tax payer funds for the improper use of the state plane. As a Representative of the people, I call on Carl to immediately return the funds to the taxpayers and I promise to always value every hard earned dollar that the people I represent have to pay in taxes.“
Anderson did not respond to a request for comment by Thursday’s press deadline.
By Scott Harper
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days