An investigation is taking place into a fire that heavily damaged a Georgetown home early Monday.
Georgetown City Fire Chief Joey Tanner said the fire was reported at about 1 a.m. at 2532 Front Street Extension.
Tanner said there was no electricity in the home. The occupant. Roderick Green was reportedly using candles for light.
Green said he left a candle burning while he was away from the home — owned by his grandmother, Trudy Green — which he believes is how the fire started.
Tanner said crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control but the front rooms of the house suffered extensive damage.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Waccamaw, Georgetown High Schools hold graduations