One man is dead and another is hospitalized after two separate overnight shootings in Georgetown County.
The fatal shooting occurred at about 2:30 a.m. at Club Isis on Highway 17 in Pawleys Island.
According to Georgetown County Coroner Kenny Johnson, 21 year old Sean Edwards of Connecticut was pronounced dead at Waccamaw Community Hospital at 3:31 a.m.
He had been shot in the chest.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson says no arrests have been made but investigators are following up on leads.
It is the second murder this year in Pawleys Island.
James Earl Richardson Jr., 18, was found shot to death at the corner of Parkersville Road and Julian Rutledge Drive on May 25.
He suffered “multiple gunshots to the torso,” according to Johnson.
No arrests have been made in that case.
Also Friday night, a man was shot during an altercation that occurred in the Georgetown Housing Authority.
Georgetown Police Capt. Nelson Brown said that incident took place at about 10:30 p.m.
Brown said no arrest has been made and more details will be released later today.
The victim, whose name has not been released, is still in the hospital but is expected to survive.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts