Georgetown County Sheriff’s deputies assisted the Charleston County Sheriff’s Department in a vehicle pursuit on Highway 17 North early Monday.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said at about 4 a.m. Monday local deputies were notified by dispatch that the Mount Pleasant Police Department had requested assistance in a vehicle pursuit.
Charleston County deputies were pursuing a van on Highway 17 traveling north which had stolen two motorcycles. Just inside the Georgetown County line between the North Santee River and the South Santee River, Georgetown County Sheriff’s Deputies deployed Stop Sticks which upon contact with the suspect vehicle punctured the right front tire, Cuthbertson said.
The van came to a stop in the median and three male suspects exited the vehicle and fled into a wooded area. Sheriff’s deputies from both counties pursued the suspects which were apprehended without incident.
The men, all from Georgetown, who were arrested are:
Lamont Orange Deas, 34, of 1590 Oatland Road; Brandon Priest, 29, of 58 Sutton Road; and Adrian Marcus Robinson, 21, of 34 Luther Trail. They were turned over to the Mt. Pleasant Police Department.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment
- Larry Fox dies