At 5 a.m., the center of Tropical Storm Aalberto was located at 31.7N 78.9W, or about 100 miles southeaast of Charleston.
The storm is moving west-southwest at 6 mph.
Top winds are at 50 mph.
The Grand Strand is not under any watches but a Tropical Storm watch is in effect for Charleston south to Savannah.
The strength of the storm is expected to remaain about the same and it is forecast to remain offshore with a turn to the northeast on Monday.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013