The Bay — a thriller filmed in Georgetown in 2010 — is set for theatrical release on Nov. 2.
But, will it be coming to a theater near you?
That remains to be seen.
According to the Website Fangoria, the film — directed by Barry Levinson — is being distributed by Roadside Productions and is expected to be released on a limited basis. It was originally set to be distributed by Lionsgate.
The world premier of the film will take place at the Toronto International Film Festival September 12-13.
The timing of the release may have been chosen to capitalize on the buzz surrounding the movie Paranormal Activity 4 which will hit theaters Oct. 19.
Paranormal Activity producer Oren Peli was also the producer of The Bay which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, tells the story of what happens when parasites invade the groundwater supply in a small town in Maryland over the July Fourth weekend.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Waccamaw, Georgetown High Schools hold graduations