Georgetown Police Capt. Nelson Brown said 16-year-old Kemondre Anderson who was arrested this week will be tried as an adult for a June incident that left 41-year-old man severely injured.
Anderson was arrested after investigators received information he was staying at a home on Oxford Lane in the county.
“Officers obtained a search warrant and found Anderson hiding in the attic,” Brown said.
Police say the victim was at Howard Gym June 4 when he was attacked.
According to the incident report, the victim was playing basketball with his brother-in -law when one of the juvenile members of the “Napa Boys” gang made a “smart remark” towards him. The victim told him to “cool it” and continued playing.
He said when he was walking to his car he was attacked by a “big guy” who was being assisted by several others.
The victim said he was knocked to the ground and was repeatedly kicked and punched.
He suffered numerous injuries, including severe damage to his eye as a result of the attack.
Other arrests are expected in the case.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery