The United Steelworkers say that workers have ratified a three-year contract with ArcelorMittal USA that negotiators agreed to last month.
The contract covers nearly 14,000 workers at ArcelorMittal USA's flat carbon, long carbon and iron ore mining locations in Georgetown as well as Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Louisiana.
The USW says in a statement released Thursday that 94 percent of the ballots were in favor of the contract.
ArcelorMittal said in a statement last month that it was pleased to have reached a "fair and equitable outcome without disruption to our business operations."
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013