Photo by Carrie Cuthbertson/Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office
Thirty-six children in Georgetown County will have a better Christmas thanks to the Sheriff’s Office “Shop with Santa” program.
On Saturday the children — chosen from nine elementary schools in the county — were each given a $125 Walmart gift card.
After enjoying a breakfast of juice and doughnuts, each child was escorted through the store by a deputy or other sheriff’s office staff member to make their purchases.
The children then returned to the sheriff’s office where their presents were wrapped and lunch was provided by Chic-fil-A of Murrells Inlet.
The annual event is sponsored by the Dead Dog Saloon in Murrells Inlet, which raises funds for the program during its 9/11 benefit each September.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013