The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office used its role as part of the state's Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force to arrest a Myrtle Beach man for allegedly trying to have sex with a minor.
Brandon A. Peluso, 21, of 701 Kennoway Court in Myrtle Beach — arrested May 8 — is charged with criminal solicitation of a minor and attempted criminal conduct with a minor.
Arrest warrants allege that Peluso used an Internet website ad to solicit sex from an individual he believed to be a minor child.
The warrants also state Peluso engaged in conversations sexual in nature prior to arrangements and traveling to meet an individual he believed to be a minor child.
Peluso is being held on a $10,000 surety bond.
If convicted on all counts, Peluso is facing up to 30 years in prison.
The Horry County Sheriff’s Office assisted with the arrest.
The case will be prosecuted by the S.C. Attorney General's Office.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery