Georgetown County authorities are searching for a man who robbed the Citgo Gas Station located at 3741 Highway 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet Sunday evening.
Two photos from a surveillance camera were released Monday.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said a white man entered the store at about 7:45 p.m. armed with what appeared to be a handgun and demanded money from the employee.
The suspect then exited through the front door and fled on foot in an unknown direction of travel. The suspect is described as a white male approximately 5’06” with a slim build wearing blue jeans and a dark in color hoodie.
Initially, there were reports the clerk was assaulted during the robbery but Cuthbertson said no one was injured during the incident.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office Bloodhound Tracking Team is in route to the scene.
Anyone that can identify the suspect or has any information about the robbery is asked to call the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 546-5101.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment