A power outage impacted a portion of Front Street on a day businesses have counted on to help their yearly bottom line.
A two block area on the river side of Front Street was without power for more than an hour beginning at about 3 p.m. due to a blown transformer.
The annual Wooden Boat Show Festival has attracted one of the biggest crowds ever on Front Street, according to Police Capt. Nelson Brown.
The businesses without power were unable to serve any customers during the outage.
The outage did not impact the boat-building competition.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment