One of the candidates that was disqualified from running for office as a result of the recent Supreme Court rulings has decided he will not try to run as a petition candidate.
Jarrod Ownbey, who was running for S.C. House Seat 108 — being vacated by Kevin Ryan who is not seeking a second term — released the following statement today:
“After much consideration over the last few days, I have decided not to run as a petition candidate...While I do so with sadness, I am blessed to have met so many great people across our District,” he wrote. “It is because of them that I intend to strongly consider a run for District 108 in 2014 and will keep everyone abreast of that decision, when the time comes.”
The only person currently running for that seat is Stephen Goldfinch.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- NEW INFORMATION: Mail carrier tried to save 3-year-old drowning victim
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Former Lowcountry Prep teachers to form school in Georgetown