No one was injured when an 18-wheel truck that hit an electric pole caused a power line to fall on top of a stopped school bus.
The incident happened this afternoon on Saints Delight Road, according to Georgetown County Assistant Fire Chief Tony Hucks.
He said the driver of the truck was rounding a curve and swerved to avoid hitting the bus, That is when the truck hit the power pole.
Workers from Santee Electric Cooperative responded to remove the power line from the top of the bus.
Hucks said there were five children on the bus at the time.
The driver of the truck also escaped injury.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013