Brian Tucker is the new president of the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce.
He succeeds Annette Medlin as president of the oldest Chamber of Commerce in South Carolina.
Tucker announced his decision Tuesday afternoon in an e-mail to members of the North Augusta Chamber of Commerce.
“With mixed emotions, I have decided to accept the job as President of the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce. This decision has not been an easy one. North Augusta has been my home for almost 13 years and my time with the Chamber has been one of the best times of my life. Since I moved here in 1999 this community has taken me in and treated me as its very own. North Augusta is my family.”
Tucker said his family has struggled with the decision to move to Georgetown, “but this is truly an opportunity that we can't turn down.”
No information was available late Tuesday afternoon on when Tucker will begin his duties in Georgetown.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment
- Larry Fox dies