A motorcyclist was killed and two others were injured as a result of an accident involving four motorcycles Saturday night.
Georgetown County Coroner Kenny Johnson identified the deceased as 43 year old Paul Robinson of Oakland Road.
The accident happened on Choppee Road near Postfoot Circle at about 9:20 p.m., according to the S.C. Highway Patrol.
According to Sgt. Bryan McDougald, the four bikers were driving east on Choppee Road when three of the bikers slowed down. Robinson did not slow down and ran into the back of the other motorcycles, causing all four to be thrown from their bikes.
Two others were taken to the hospital to be treated for undisclosed injuries.
McDougald said the speed limit where the accident occurred is 55 mph. The speed of the motorcyclists at the time of the accident has not been determined but is still being investigated.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery