New information has been released about the armed robbery that took place at the Kangaroo Convenience Store on Highway 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet at about 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
According to the incident report, the suspect walked in the store and pointed a BB gun at the clerk and demanded money.
The clerk said the robber was a white man with a thin goatee who appeared to be in his early to mid 20s. He said the man was wearing a black hooded sweat shirt and had the hood over his head.
The suspect told the clerk to “come off the money” to which the clerk replied “are you kidding me?”
The man then took the BB gun from his sweat shirt and demanded the money once again.
“Are you robbing me with a BB gun?” the clerk reportedly asked. He then told he man to leave the store.
The suspect then tried reaching over the counter while hitting the clerk on the chest with the BB gun.
Once he realized he was not going to get any money, the suspect ran out the store.
A search of the area was conducted using bloodhounds but the suspect has not been located.
Anyone with information about his identity or whereabouts should call the Sheriff’s Office at 546-5102.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013