Another Georgetown County candidate has been disqualified from next week’s Republican Primary due to the recent South Carolina Supreme Court ruling.
County Election Director Donna Mahn says Bubba Grimes has been deemed ineligible because he did not properly file economic disclosure forms. Grimes was seeking the Georgetown County Council District 5 seat and was to face incumbent Austin Beard in next week’s election.
Mahn says it’s too late to remove Grimes’ name from the ballot but signs will be posted telling voters not to vote in that race.
Earlier, Rod Stalvey, candidate for auditor and clerk of court candidate Tammie Avant were removed from the ballot for the same reason.
Mahn said she does not expect any additional Republicans to be removed from next week’s ballot. She said she will find out tomorrow if any Democrats will be disqualified.
Read more in Friday's Georgetown Times
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts