An explosive devise found at a Pawleys Island recycling Center Monday morning was found to be not active after an investigation.
The devise, described by authorities on the scene at the center located on Grate Ave. as a hand grenade, was found and reported at about 9:30 a.m. Monday.
“The suspicious item was observed in a dumpster. The recycling center was closed and secured. Midway Fire and Rescue as well as the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Bomb Disposal Unit arrived on scene,” said Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson. “After an investigation, the item in question was determined to be inert.”
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery