It looks like the City of Georgetown could soon be searching for a new administrator.
Lisa Bourcier, public information officer for Horry County, has confirmed current Georgetown administrator Chris Eldridge has been offered the job as Horry County administrator.
Eldridge said he will speak with Horry County officials tomorrow to determine when he will leave Georgetown and begin at the Horry County office in Conway.
“We will sit down and put everything in writing. I know they want me to start pretty quick but I will be fair to Georgetown,” he said.
Eldridge said he is pretty sure he will begin the new job within the next month or so.
Horry County Council made the decision tonight to begin contract negotiations with Eldridge.
He, and the other two finalists for the job — Marty Lawing, John McCue — were interviewed by Horry County Council for a second time today.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment