The Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce has started the search for a new president.
Current Chamber President, Annette Medlin, “has decided to take on a new challenge,” according to a letter to Chamber members from Board Chairman Will Howard.
Medlin joined the Chamber in January of 2005.
She was hired “at a time when structure, support, and financial stability were not adjectives used to describe our Chamber,” Howard wrote. “ I, as well as the rest of the Chamber Board, am extremely grateful for the energy and leadership Annette brought to her job, and the foundation she has help build for our next leader. We are excited for Annette and this new chapter in her life, as well as being excited about the next chapter for the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce.”
Howard said a hunt for the next president has started with the creation of a search committee made up of Chamber Board members as well as other Chamber members.
“We have a process in place that we are confident will culminate with bringing a strong leader to lead our Chamber in this next phase. I look forward to sharing with you all the success this chapter brings,” Howard wrote.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013