The body of a woman was found on the beach in Litchfield at about 7 a.m. today.
Deputy Coroner Sam Hodge says it does not appear foul play was involved in the death of the white female who appears to be 55-65 years old.
Hodge said no trauma was found on the woman’s body and indications are she died of natural causes.
Midway Fire and Rescue was called to the scene to transport the body to the hospital.
Because of where the woman’s body was found, it is being investigated by the Sheriff’s Office but “it is not believed a crime occurred,” the Coroner’s Office said.
If anyone has any information they are urged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 546-5102.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery