A fire at a building that houses the Islander Bar and an attorney's office on Ocean Highway in Pawleys Island is now being investigated.
Midway Fire Rescue spokesman Bob Beebe says the fire was reported at 6:09 a.m. A caller to Central Dispatch reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the building.
The fire was coming from the attic area of the law office.
Beebe said crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
While it's too early for an official cause of the fire, reports from the scene indicated there was evidence of forced entry to the building as it appeared a door may have been kicked open.
Beebe said the fire marshal is now trying to determine how the fire began.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013