The deadline for filing to run for one of the five expiring seats on the Georgetown County School Board is at noon today.
As of late Tuesday, only two of the seats in the non-partisan races were contested.
In District Three, which covers a part of unincorporated Andrews, Santee and Sampit communities, incumbent Sandra Johnson and newcomer Gene Footman have filed.
In District 6, the Pawleys Island area, incumbent Teresa Bennani is not seeking another term. Newcomers Richard Kerr and Peggy Wheeler-Cribb have filed for the seat.
The other three incumbents who have filed are Elery Little (District 5), Zelma Carr (District 4) and Sarah Elliott (District 1).
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment
- Larry Fox dies