From left are organizers of the flag program Bill Judd and Stacy Gann, and Chairperson Jim Vitale, Murrells Inlet Elks Exalted Ruler. Flags will be placed on power poles during holidays.
The Murrells Inlet Elks Lodge plans to place 125 flags on power poles, to create a patriotic display during national holidays.
Exalted Ruler Jim Vitale of Elks Lodge #2797 Murrells Inlet announces the Americanism Committee will place 125 American Flags on power poles in Murrells Inlet.
Chairperson Ms. Stacy Gann, will lead the fundraising campaign for the program.
Program manager Bill Judd states this is a community project.
“The Elks are looking forward to the support of other community organizations and fraternal groups,” Judd said.
“The Village of Murrells Inlet holds its annual 4th of July boat parade, The Blessing of the Inlet, Murrells Inlet 2020 has the Christmas parade, with tree and beautiful lighted wreaths. This patriotic addition of American flags will bring patriotism and beauty to the famous fishing village.”
With the financial support of 125 sponsors’ the Elks will be putting up the flags on the following national holidays: Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day and September 11.
A dedication will be led by Marine Corps Maj. Gen. James E. Livingston, Medal of Honor recipient.
It will take place at 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 26, at Inlet Affairs on Highway 17 Business.
For more information, or to pledge financial support, contact the Elks Lodge at 843-357-6116.
By Clayton Stairs
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery