Carvers Bay's boys basketball team lost 73-60 to Whale Branch in the Lower State final on Saturday afternoon.
The Warriors led for most of the first half until the Bears' Darius Williams scored 10 points down the stretch to give Carvers Bay a 38-37 lead at halftime.
The Bears used full-court pressure to extend the lead to 47-40, but Whale Branch didn't quit and eventually regained the lead with about 3 minutes left in the third quarter.
The Warriors then outscored the Bears 22-13 in the fourth to earn a shot at a state title.
It's the second time in three years Carvers Bay has lost in the Lower State final.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment