Political candidates for most local offices will be on hand Thursday at a forum in Pawleys Island.
Bill Murray coordinated the event to be held at Mount Zion Baptist Church on Parkersville Road.
“We want to know the people who are running for office, to meet them,” Murray said.
The event is non-partisan.
Murray said all local candidates for office have been invited to attend, and most have agreed to be there.
The doors to the church open at 6:30 p.m., with instrumental music, patriotic songs and the church Mass Choir singing.
Each candidate present will have a chance to speak, with that part of the program starting at 7 p.m.
The church is near the magistrate’s office and Pawleys Island child care center.
See pages 11 and 12 for political coverage in today’s edition and more in Friday’s paper.
By Tommy Howard
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013