Bridge2Bridge to cause road closures
The second annual Bridge2Bridge Half-Marathon and 5K will be Saturday and cause street closures throughout Georgetown along with lane closures on Highway 17 and its three bridges.
Here are the closures according to the City of Georgetown Police Department:
• Front Street: closed from Fraser Street to Greenwich Drive from 4-8:30 a.m., and from Fraser Street to Queen Street from 4 a.m. until noon. Queen Street to Greenwich should reopen by 8:30 a.m.
• East Bay, Greenwich Drive, Highmarket Street, and Duke Street: Portions of these roadways will be closed from 6-8:30 am.
• St. James Street: closed from Church Street to Front Street from 6-11 a.m.
• Highway 17: northbound lanes will be closed from Cannon Street to Hobcaw Barony from 4-11 a.m. Southbound side will handle north and southbound traffic.
• Prince Street: closed from Fraser Street to St. James from 6 a.m to noon.
• Cleland Street: closed from Prince Street to Front Street from 6 a.m to noon.
• Fraser Street: northbound lanes from Martin Street to Prince Street closed from 4 a.m to noon. Southbound lanes will handle north and southbound traffic.
• Cravens Grant: Subdivision will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6 a.m. to none, including Harrelson Street from Highway 17 to Oak Street.
West End residents’ access to Fraser Street will be limited to Front and Butts streets from 6:00 a.m. to noon.
Bayview residents should use Oak Street to Martin Street for access to Highway 17.
Travel in an around the City will be restricted, but traffic will be allowed to flow within the Historic District on Broad and Highmarket streets. Road closures will be manned by police officers and volunteers.
Notice about comments: