Georgetown County business and economic development officials plan to announce new business for the port this morning at 10 a.m.
A press conference will be held at the South Carolina Maritime Museum at 729 Front St.
Little information is available, but Allison Skipper with the State Ports Authority said business and county leaders will announce that new business will be coming through the Port of Georgetown.
Depth of the port and federal channel has dropped from 27 feet to 18 to 20 feet. That has reduced the size of ships that can utilize the break bulk Port of Georgetown.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- NEW INFORMATION: Mail carrier tried to save 3-year-old drowning victim
- Former Lowcountry Prep teachers to form school in Georgetown