* Volusia/Brevard County line Florida to
Edisto Beach South Carolina
Discussion and 48-hour outlook
at 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...the center of Tropical Storm Beryl
was located near latitude 30.0 north...longitude 80.3 west.
Beryl is moving toward the west near 10 mph.
A westward motion is expected to continue through
landfall. After landfall...Beryl
is expected to move
slowly west-northwestward and then turn
northward over portions of northeastern Florida and southeastern
Georgia on Monday and Monday night.
Maximum sustained winds are near 65 mph with higher
gusts. Some slight strengthening is possible
Steady weakening is forecast after landfall and Beryl is expected
to weaken to a tropical depression by Monday night.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 115 miles. from the center.
Rainfall...Beryl is expected to
produce total rain accumulations of
4 to 8 inches...with isolated maximum amounts of 12 inches...from
northern Florida through southeastern North Carolina.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment