The Georgetown County Transportation Committee allocated $240,000 to resurface Beaumont Drive in Pawleys Island.
Beaumont, which is north of the South Causeway, stretches between U.S. Highway 17 and Kings River Road and is home to a Midway Fire Rescue Station.
In other road news, Georgetown County Council approved a request to remove Cusack Court from the Road Improvement list at its meeting last week.
The road was added to the list in 2010 and about $5,500 has been spent on engineering work.
Ray Funnye, the county’s director of Public Services, said there was a “lack of community support” for paving the road.
The remaining money allocated for the paving, $66,536, will be returned to the User Fee Fund.
By Chris Sokoloski
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013