A Georgetown man who was found dead on a pathway near Georgetown County’s School District Office was killed by a gunshot, Coroner Kenny Johnson said Sunday.
Alfonso “Fonzo” Terrell Thomas, 25, of Duke Street was found by a woman and her 13 year old son as they were walking on the path between Church and Legion Streets early Thursday.
Johnson said an autopsy confirmed the cause of death as a single gunshot wound to the head.
He said more testing is being conducted to try to determine other details, such as how close the gun was to Thomas when it was fired.
Police Capt. Nelson Brown said the motive for shooting is unknown. Investigators have talked to may people hoping to get an answer to that question.
The path where Thomas was found is a heavily traveled walkway between the Georgetown Housing Authority and Church Street.
Anyone who has any information that may help authorities find whoever is responsible is urged to call 545-4300 or our "Tip Line" at 545-4400.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment