Mike Andrews, petition candidate for Georgetown County Treasurer, has withdrawn from the race.
“I have received an offer of employment, a business opportunity I have decided to accept that would prevent me from serving in a full time position such as County Treasurer,” Andrews wrote in a press release Thursday. “This was a difficult decision but one that I feel was in the best interests of myself and my family.”
Andrews said he realizes his decision is a “disappointment to friends and supporters, especially those who worked alongside me to obtain enough signatures to become a petition candidate.”
He said he thanks everyone who helped him collect the signatures he needed to get his name on the ballot.
The only other person running for the seat is Democrat incumbent Lorretta Washington-Cooper.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013