A tropcal storm watch is in place for the South Carolina coast as Hurricane Sandy is expected to pass east of the area Saturday.
This afternoon and evening are expected to be rather nice but things deteriorate after midnight tonight. It will become breezy, with a north wind 14 to 21 mph. Maybe a half-inch of rain overnight. Saturday, winds may gust to near tropi cal storm force. Another inch or more of rain expected, especially closer to the coast, Saturday.
Rip currents and beach eropsion will also be problems for the next day or so.
On Saturday night, tropical storm force gusts still expected and another inch of rain is possible. Things start to improve by early Sunday.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days